Have more questions? Here's a list of my most asked questions. If you still have more after reading through these, reach out! I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have- big or small.
I require a 40% retainer at time of booking to reserve your date in my calendar, and the remaining 60% is due a minimum of two months before your wedding date. The 40% is non-refundable, see contract for full details! I accept payments via card, venmo, or zelle.
If you've already put a deposit down on a date and then have to move/cancel it, the deposit is non-refundable and a new deposit will have to be made in order to hold your new date. Because I count on that money during that time to pay bills and I only take on a limited number of jobs per month/year, which is why it is non-refundable. Anything additional you've paid after the deposit will be refunded or applied to your new date. See contract for details!
Whenever I book a wedding, I block out the entire date just for you! So if you need extra time, just shoot me a text and it is no problem to add it on.
Some of my favorite photos ever have been in crazy weather! Embracing the weather
makes for incredible photos. The only time we can't shoot in certain weather is if my
gear will be ruined by excessive rain, in which case we can easily find somewhere
sheltered to take some photos!
Plus, rain is a sign of good luck on your wedding day!
I don't do set numbers on my collections because every session and wedding varies so much from the next, but you can expect these minimums for the following to get an idea of what you'll get! Regardless of the number though, I make sure to capture all of the big and little things because these are your memories and I won't skimp on preserving them for you. So don't worry about limits, these are just general minimums for reference!
Typically for sessions it takes 3 weeks or less and for weddings about 5-8 weeks depending on the season!
I don't because editing is half the magic that goes into the creative process. If you feel I left out or forgot to deliver a specific image, there is a 7 day window from delivery that gives you the chance to make requests!
I always suggest to bring options! 3 outfit options is perfect as it gives us variety and options to choose an outfit that looks best with the lighting and location. As a general rule of thumb, I suggest to bring outfits you feel like yourself in and that you feel comfortable moving around in. Neutrals and muted tones always look great but the only things I would suggest avoiding are pink and orange, as they can typically reflect light onto your skin making you look pink or orange. I'd also suggest for men's dress shirts to go with a shirt that isn't pure white (tweed, off white, oatmeal, etc are great!) otherwise they turn out purple in photos. Other than that, anything that can show movement or catch wind looks epic in photos! I will also send out an outfit guide before your session.
Heaven forbid this happens, but in the rare case that an emergency comes up that holds me back from making it to your wedding (family death, car accident, sickness, etc) I'll do my best to send a replacement photographer to shoot your wedding day. In the case that I cannot find a replacement for your wedding day you will be refunded.
Besides color correcting, I retouch impermanent blemishes/marks/bruises. I don't retouch anything that is a part of your body (curves, double chins, etc) because I believe this is what makes you beautiful. If you're particularly self conscious about something please let me know as I want you to feel 100% comfortable and confident with the posing and direction I give you while we shoot!
Absolutely! Just let me know what you need help with, if you need recommendations, and if there's anything I can do to make the process easier for you!
Yes I do! Both families and maternities. Just fill out a contact form and we'll get it all planned out.